Consider working with people with disabilities. Search provides exceptional services to persons with intellectual and developmental disabilities. If you’re looking for a challenging and rewarding career that includes working with a team that is experienced and passionate this could be the opportunity for you. We offer excellent benefits, as well as paid training.
Commit to Search and we’ll commit to you. Discover how rewarding a career can be. Make a difference in the lives of others and your own. Join our team today!
Benefits of Employment
Search offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package to full time employees.
Your benefit package would include:
- Insurance: medical, prescription drug, and dental
- Paid training
- Paid time off
- Two retirement plans
- Life insurance policy
- New Employee Onboarding program
- Employee recognition program
- Employee incentive program
Search offers a range of full time (40 hours) and part time employment opportunities in our Supported Living and Adult Learning programs.
Direct Support Person (DSP) Job Requirements
Applicants need to meet the following requirements:
- Proof of high school education or GED
- Diplomas obtained from outside of the US must be evaluated by an accredited evaluation company
- A valid driver’s license for at least 3 years
- A clean driving record; no more than one moving violation, no suspensions, no DUIs, etc.
- Must be at least 21 years old; for some positions you must be at least 23 years old in order to meet PACE certification requirements
- Must be able to pass several background checks, including criminal and CANTS
- Must be able to pass the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE)
Qualified Intellectual Disability Professional (QIDP) Job Requirements
All applicants must have a valid driver’s license and clean driving record, in addition to the following requirements:
- Must have a bachelor’s degree in a human service field (e.g. psychology, sociology, social work, etc.)
- One year experience working with individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities
Get Started Today
If you are interested in applying for a position at Search, and meet the basic requirements, contact our Human Resources Department at 773.305.5000 ext. 38 or fill out and submit an application online here.
IMPORTANT NOTE ABOUT ONLINE APPLICATIONS:
Do not use a cell phone or tablet to complete the online job application! It will not be submitted properly. Please only use a desktop computer. Contact HR with any questions.
Interviews are by appointment only.
Contact: Human Resources Department
1925 North Clybourn Avenue
Suite 200, Chicago, Illinois 60614
Phone: 773.305.5000 ext. 38